Friday, April 7, 2017

Limke's Lately

Well I guessed right when I said in my last post that it'd be difficult to keep up with this blog! I feel like I'm coming up for air just a bit right now, and wanted to stop in and share a few pictures from the past couple of weeks. Plus, I truly enjoy using this space and a quote I came across this week reminded me of that... "You always have time for the things you put first." :)

We enjoyed a beautiful spring day last week with friends downtown. When I remembered the picture we took with Aiden 4 years ago in this spot, I knew we had to replicate it. He's bigger, I'm smaller :). I've been very hard on myself recently with food and working out because I've felt that both are a struggle. I'm in a rut with eating the same things and I have a nagging injury that is making it hard to work out. But pictures like this remind me how far I have come and to give myself grace. 


Monday was Opening Day in Cincy, so we had to dress for the occasion. This was the first year in a long time that I haven't gone to the parade but it just wasn't going to happen this year. Next year for sure!!


We made a quick trip to the zoo to see all of the beautiful flowers and say hi to our fav animals. These two were SO good that I almost didn't recognize them!


And Aiden is so used to me taking his picture that he now sits down in picturesque spots and demands a photo. Whoops ;). He looks SO big here!


Audrey has been taking a gymnastics class for a bit now and Aiden felt like he was missing out. So this session, they are in a class together! They have a blast running off energy and bouncing around the gym. 


We had a wonderful opportunity to go see Matilda the Musical this week and it was adorable! Aiden loved it and Audrey, well... she managed :). It's crazy to think that my first broadway style show was Phantom of the Opera when I was like 12 and they've been to so many shows already. I hope they know how incredibly lucky they are!


When I was pregnant with Audrey, everyone always said she and Aiden would be best of friends, being only 18 months apart. Until recently, I wasn't sure they were right. But something has definitely changed and they are so much fun together! They fight (full out wrestling at times!) and scream at each other, but they love each other fiercely. Aiden is now able to calm her down almost better than I can. Here he is rocking her to sleep and giving her milk. :)


And reading her a bedtime story.... I was sitting next to them folding laundry and my heart was also next to me in a big puddle. He's reading a story he "wrote" and completely made up all on his own!


And just for fun... Thanks to an Instagram contest, I won a gift card to Erin Condren and took advantage of a big sale to finally get one of her planners. I now know what the fuss is about and am obsessed. Worth every dime. And this cookbook is by one of my favorite bloggers! I'm hoping it will help my kids branch out a bit with food (and give me new ideas!). 


It's going to be a beautiful weekend here and we have a few fun things planned! Hopefully I'll be able to get back to this regularly, but for now - thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment