Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Two Months

Two months! That's how long it's been since I last posted. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that's the longest break I've taken since starting this page over two years ago. There have been several times that I've sat down to do a post, but it just didn't happen. As I mentioned in my last post, I started a new job in March that increased my workload by A LOT. Well, that job is actually now expanding, so I'll be adding more work/writing to my everyday routine. So, before that takes off and I have to adjust again, I figured it was now or never for a long overdue update. 

Let's break this down into categories, shall we? Feel free to skip over the boring parts ;). These are my favorite types of posts to look back on, so I apologize for the "life dump."


Work Life... 
Since I already mentioned it, let's start here. I continue to work with both Cincinnati Parent Magazine and Cincinnati Moms Blog, doing a variety of things. I love everything about both of these roles! In March, I started as the Kentucky writer for onlyinyourstate.com. If you don't already, please follow along on Facebook! I LOVE sharing any and everything about Kentucky. And I love working for amazing people and an incredible website. In fact, I love it so much that I'll be adding Only In Cincinnati to my repertoire! I'm so excited to write about my hometown on a daily basis. 

It's so crazy to think about this career I've built. I remember when I was teaching, how, although I loved it, I wanted so badly to find a way to be home with my kids and have more flexibility. We took a huge leap of faith when I decided to stay home and with a lot of hard work and pushing myself out of my comfort zone, we are making it work. And it's better than I ever imagined. 


Aiden Life...
Aiden finished up a great year of preschool and is growing up so incredibly fast. I'll do a more complete update on him when he's four and a half in a couple months, but a few quick things.... All of a sudden he is eating everything in sight and sleeping like a rock at night. Who is this kid?! He loves to ride his bike and is about ready to lose the training wheels. He's still obsessed with all things that move and loves to dig in the dirt. 


Audrey Life...
Oh, Audrey. She is the most adorable, sweet, funny child one minute and a complete terror the next. She's unpredictable and has decided sleeping (in her crib) is optional. She's extremely picky with food and cries a lot. But she's smart. She's funny and silly. She does everything with her whole heart and is fearless. She still carries her kitty and blankie everywhere, which I'm sure won't stop anytime soon. It's so hard to believe she'll be 3 in less than three months. 


Married Life...
Andrew remains my biggest cheerleader in anything I choose to do. He's been so supportive of both my writing endeavors and my health goals. We are desperately trying to make time for the two of us, and we're looking forward to a fun summer. 


Health Life...
While this remains a top priority, I'd be lying if I didn't mention that I've had some struggles. I still have goals I'd like to reach in terms of gaining more muscle and toning up more, but I'm in more of a maintenance phase right now. I try to keep my eating at 80/20 - 80% very healthy and 20% of freebies. I'd say it's been a bit more like 70/30 the past several weeks. I don't really believe in doing cleanses or hardcore diets to "get back on track," since I continue to live an overall healthy lifestyle. But I have recommitted to using the MyFitnessPal App and scheduling my workouts for the week. I'm going to try and post more about this soon. 

Well, I think that's enough for now :). This blog is not going anywhere. In a weird way, it's been my therapy the past two years and I'm definitely not ready for it to be over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment