Monday, March 7, 2016

Audrey Kay - 18 Months

Halfway to two!  So hard to believe.  Even harder to believe is that Audrey is the same age that Aiden was when she was born!  Aiden seemed so big in those days after Audrey was born but now I have to remind myself that Audrey is a toddler and not a little baby anymore.  She definitely looks and acts like a toddler, but when I hold her and look into her eyes, I still see my tiny baby girl.  I think it will always be that way.



Audrey is still our ray of sunshine.  When she's not crying that is ;).  Audrey's had some teething and sleep regression issues the past few months, so at times she's not a happy camper.  Like all phases, I know this will pass so we are just drinking caffeine and pushing through.  Besides that, Audrey has really changed a lot the past few months.  She is happiest on the go and loves to run around with Aiden.  She seems to have a pretty good grasp of the whole gross motor thing and climbs on everything, loves to go down slides (even the big ones) and will climb up to the top of a play set with no hesitation (despite my heart palpitations ;)).  She thinks she can do anything Aiden does and does NOT like it when you tell her otherwise.  I have a feeling we'll be dealing with this for years to come!




Some of Audrey's favorites right now: Mickey Mouse, bottles (still), taking her clothes off (and recently her diaper too, fun times), jumping on the trampoline, being outside, animals, wearing everyone's shoes but hers, cottage cheese (any dairy really), stickers, her kitty and blankie, being held by mommy and reading books.  



On Audrey's dislike list: Consistent sleep, most foods (she's become pretty picky), when mommy leaves (except the gym, does great there!), being confined.  Side note - it's funny when I write these because I always struggle with coming up with dislikes even when it seems like she has always been fussy!  I guess your mind has a way of only remembering the good stuff ;).


Audrey is on the verge of wearing a 3T and now (again) needs a whole new wardrobe.  Good thing it's a new season anyway!  She is feeding herself very well, loves to sit at the kid table with Aiden and has excellent receptive language.  I can give her multi step directions and off she goes.  We are still waiting for her talking to explode.  She says "mommy" and "daddy" pretty consistently but the rest is hard to make out.  One day she will probably wake up and recite the Gettysburg Address ;).  


The other day the four of us (five if you count Ollie) were having a dance party in the living room.  I thought about how 18 months ago we were about to complete our family and go through one of the toughest years we've had.  Now that we are on the other side, it feels like it's always been like this.  I look at my little blonde curly haired baby and know that she is perfect for us.  The A-Team is ready for the adventures to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment