Monday, April 20, 2015

What I Ate Today

I apologize now if you have zero interest in this topic.  Feel free to skip this post :).  I, however, enjoy reading about what other people eat.  I follow certain people on Instagram and Facebook solely for their recipes and meal ideas for adults and kids.  I mentioned in a previous post that I am trying to lower my sugar intake and increase protein.  I’ve been at it for a few days and it hasn’t been too bad!  Yesterday was a major challenge at my daughter’s baptism party.  I helped plan the meal and we made sure to have some healthy options, as well as crowd pleasers.  I can honestly say I didn’t feel like I missed out whatsoever with my choices.  I ate ham, a mini quiche, fruit, power food salad, carrots and celery and a couple slices of cheese.  Because of these choices, I was able to splurge on a piece of cake.  It takes effort and a little planning, but it is definitely doable to maintain my healthy choices, even at parties.

So back to today.  Here’s the breakdown with a few pictures.  If I do another one of these, I’ll work on adding more pictures.  If you made it reading this far, thank you for sticking with it!

Breakfast:
Two scrambled eggs
Leftover fruit from party
Coffee with stevia and skim milk – This is new for me. I’m not quite used to drinking coffee this way, but I’m going to try it for a while and see if I can grow to like it!

Lunch:
Two slices of leftover ham from party
Half an avocado (Audrey is working on the other half)
Colby Jack cheese stick
Raw green beans, dipped in avocado (don’t knock it ‘til you try it)

Snack:
Smoothie – I made this for the first time today, making adjustments to a recipe I found on pinterest. 
Ingredients: 1 frozen banana (I sliced several last night and froze them), ½ cup of leftover coffee from morning, ½ cup skim milk, 1 Tbs. peanut butter, 2 tsp. cocoa powder, 1 scoop of protein powder – put all in blender – it was really good and very filling!

Dinner:
Turkey meatballs with marinara and spinach
Broccoli, cauliflower & carrots with Mrs. Dash

Dessert:
Outshine fruit bar (no sugar added)
My chocolate banana peanut butter protein smoothie

Ingredients.  I need to find a good turkey meatball recipe to make my own.

You can't even taste the spinach, I promise.

My little helpers

This feeder is awesome!  Chowing down on avocado.

Finished product


This brought me in just under my calorie goal (1820) with 130 grams of protein and 62 grams of sugar, both very close to my goals.  Sodium is high today because of the ham and meatballs and fiber was a little low.  But overall, a good and satisfying day!  I also drink lots of water throughout the day, at least 5 of my 24 oz. Tervis cups.  Hopefully I’ll see all of this pay off on the scale in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment