Last summer, I made a bucket list for Aiden and I, since it would be the last summer when I could focus on just him. He wasn’t even a year and a half yet, so while the list was a good one, I know he will get even more enjoyment out of activities this year! And we have Audrey to share in the fun! I’ve been thinking of things that we haven’t done yet and also some developmental milestones I’d like to work toward with Aiden. He will be going to Pre-School for a couple half days in the fall (more on that later), so the teacher in me wants him to be prepared - in a non-pushy, let’s make learning fun kind of way, of course ;). So here it is…I’m sure it won’t all happen and things will be added, but it’s a good start :).
1. Check out Blue Marble Books in Ft. Thomas. They have a real life “Great Green Room” from Goodnight Moon, and after recently meeting the owner, I’d love to check it out.
2. The Splash Park at Miami Whitewater
3. Teach the ABC song to Aiden.
4. Ride a horse/pony (this one is for Aiden AND me ;)) I’m thinking this may be able to happen at Parky’s Farm.
5. Do as many of the items on the Cincinnati Moms Blog Bucket List. That list can be found here.
6. Go to a “Day Out with Thomas.” I might be the most excited about this one. I bought tickets the day they went on sale and it’s not until the end of August. I’m pretty sure I will cry when I see Aiden’s face when he gets his first glimpse of the REAL Thomas the Train.
7. Don’t turn on the TV for one whole day each week.
8. Ride a boat. This one will be taken care of when we head to Wisconsin in July!
9. Play at the playground at Lunken Airport and eat lunch outside to watch the airplanes.
10. Try out The Red Balloon Café + Play.
It’s not a long list but I think it’s a good one. Finding activities for a two year old and not quite one year old is not an easy task and I have to make sure I can handle it on my own! We’ll definitely spend lots of time at the zoo and our pool too. Above all, I really want to soak up this time with my babies. Summer has always been my favorite time of year and I look forward to making many special memories!