Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Breakfast for Dinner

I am stuck in a rut when it comes to dinner.  We eat a lot of the same things and it's time to shake it up.  Aiden has been on a pancake kick recently, so I used the opportunity to make breakfast for dinner and try out a new recipe.  I really enjoy quiche, but the calories can add up quickly.  I searched Pinterest for a crustless version and ended up taking ideas from several to make my own.  You could make this quiche with any vegetables and sub in any cheese.  I just used what I had and what I knew Andrew liked :).  We had it alongside Simple Truth sausage patties and this pancake mix.  This will definitely be in our dinner rotation from now on!


Crustless Veggie Quiche
Ingredients
  • Bag of frozen peppers/onion
  • ½ tsp minced garlic 
  • as needed non-stick spray 
  • Large handful of spinach
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk 
  • 2 oz. feta cheese (I used reduced fat)
  • ¼ cup grated parmesan 
  • ½ cup shredded mozzarella
  • to taste salt & pepper 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute peppers & onions with either non-stick spray, olive oil or butter.  Cook them until all the liquid is gone, then add the spinach and garlic.  Once the spinach has cooked down, set aside.

2. While veggies are cooking, add eggs, milk and parmesan to a bowl and whisk together.  Add salt and pepper and whisk again.  

3. Spray a pie dish with non-stick spray.  Spread the veggies in the dish, and sprinkle the feta on top.  Pour the egg mixture evenly over the veggies & feta.  Sprinkle the mozzarella on top. 

I made this earlier in the day, covered it and let it hang out in the fridge until dinner time.  When you're ready, cook uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes.  Mine took 50 minutes.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment