Monday, September 28, 2015

Exactly What I Needed

Sometimes you need 5 minutes and sometimes you need 5 days.  Either way, everyone needs a break from their day to day routine now and then.  I was lucky enough to get a few days away this past weekend.  Not only was it to a beach, but it was with six of my closest friends.  We've had this trip for most of the past ten years, but I haven't been able to go for quite awhile.  We spent three days without a schedule - relaxing, talking, eating and drinking.  We lucked out with weather and had two nice days to soak up the sun and walk in the sand.  The time went fast but all seven of us took full advantage of it, as we all had our own stress to leave behind.  The trip this year seemed to fall at the perfect time for all of us.  It came before new jobs, new houses, chasing dreams and a time of year that is always filled with the word "busy."  It wasn't just exactly what I needed, we all needed it.

It's been a crazy year and I'll bet the next twelve months are crazy in their own way too.  But there were these three days to laugh with my oldest friends, listen to the ocean waves, sleep (woohooooo!) and recharge my somewhat dying batteries.  I'm ready to recommit myself to my health goals (more on that in a later post soon :)) and take on whatever life has in store.  

Thanks for a wonderful trip friends!! Love you :)








No comments:

Post a Comment