Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Health Update: Recommitment and Other Ramblings...

It's been awhile since I've reflected on my health and checked in on how things are going.  By the numbers, things are going well.  I've officially lost over 50 pounds (51!), if I use my weight right after Audrey was born.  Clothes are fitting well and I'm SO close to a size that I haven't been since the beginning of college (notice I said beginning, thank you freshman 15+).  I feel stronger than I ever have and notice muscles that I didn't know you could notice.  I'm also to the point of needing a new wardrobe, but am trying to make due until I reach my goal weight and I'll obviously have to space these purchases out...or start playing the lottery :).

While working out and the numbers are great, I know I'm pushing it a bit when it comes to food.  My goal has always been to not deprive myself of anything but to eat in moderation and keep a good balance.  I'm still doing this, but I honestly haven't used MyFitnessPal App in several weeks to track my calories and I haven't been quite as strict about my choices.  I know myself well enough to know that this is a slippery slope.  I don't intend on tracking my calories for the rest of my life and I have a general idea of how each day is going, but as the holidays, cold temps and lots of parties/gatherings approach, it's time to recommit myself to this goal.  I have an ultimate goal of reaching a certain number by the one year anniversary of my open heart surgery, which would be January 12th.  That's 13 weeks from now, believe it or not.  29 pounds in 13 weeks is very doable, but I also know it's not just about the numbers.  We'll see what happens!

And now the random ramblings and pictures...

I'm loving this fall weather!  It's hard to not want to spend every second outside.


I've been craving big salads recently and made this for dinner the other night.  Using a rotisserie chicken and already cut up veggies from the salad bar at the grocery store made this very easy.  


A miracle happened in our house last night.  I made something that EVERYONE not only ate, but enjoyed!  Click here for the recipe.  FYI, I didn't add the jalapeño since the kids were eating it, and it only took 2 hours.  Even if you don't like quinoa, give this a try!



Aiden is doing better with pre-school, although drop offs are still tough.  He talks about a little girl named Harper and loves to count everything, but especially M&Ms.



I don't want to jinx anything by saying how well Audrey has been doing lately across the board.  So I'll just share a cute picture :).





No comments:

Post a Comment