Monday, January 18, 2016

Focusing on Health with Ava Anderson

I've mentioned that in the new year, one of my goals is to improve our overall health as a family, and take it beyond balanced eating and exercise.  About a year ago I started buying "natural" cleaning products because I figured it wasn't a huge increase in cost and it would only be a positive change for our home.  They worked well and I didn't give the rest much thought.  Over the past year, I've read more and more about the harmful toxins that are in the everyday products we use.  I know we can't believe everything we read or hear, but the research is pretty powerful.  I gave up diet coke a few years ago, mainly because of the aspartame.  It is a known cause of cancer, so how can it still be in our drinks?  Good question.  And it makes it believable that our everyday cleaning, household and many other products can have these toxins in them as well.

I decided to start with these!
I first heard of Ava Anderson a few months ago through Facebook and my friend from college, Whitney.  If you've read my stance on direct sales (here), you know I love to support my friends and their small business ventures, especially if the products are useful and good for my family.  I was immediately impressed with the quality and safety of the products, and the results I've seen from using them.  Cleaning is not only my least favorite activity, it has become low on the totem pole of my priorities.  But I always get to a point where I feel like we are living in filth (it's not that bad, but seems like it!), so I'm trying to better stay on top of it.  I'm not lying when I say that when I got my two different types of Ava Anderson surface cleaners, I looked forward to cleaning with them.  And the novelty hasn't worn off yet.

My little helper. And no worry about the fumes!
I had a lightbulb moment earlier this month as I wiped off our dining room table with a Clorox wipe.  A few hours later, I watched Audrey smear yogurt on that table and then into her mouth.  Did she just ingest Clorox?!  I'm not an expert, but that I know that is not good.  And I could just use water to wipe it off, but we all know it doesn't feel as clean.  Because it isn't.  It was a good feeling to know that cleaning my table with Ava Anderson's All Purpose Cleaner was as safe as wiping it down with water.  And it worked just as well, if not better!

My tub, before and after.  I told you our house got gross.
The amount of products available through this company are numerous.  I was a little overwhelmed when I started browsing, but Whitney pointed me in the cleaner direction as a good place to start.  I don't plan on switching everything over at one time, but I definitely look forward to trying out more products.  

I will do everything in my power to be around as long as I possibly can for my family and to keep them healthy.  I was shocked to read these statistics from Ava's website, "1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will get cancer in their lifetime, 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys are identified with autism spectrum disorder in the US, and that Alzheimers is up 500% in the past 20 years."  Yes, a lot of factors play into this, but why not control the factors that are within our power?

When I compared ingredients to the other "natural" cleaners I have, there was quite a difference!
If you are interested in trying out Ava Anderson products, you can visit www.avabywhitney.com and use party ID 127843. It will be set up through the end of January!

No comments:

Post a Comment