Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Few Surprises

This post title may be a bit misleading...unfortunately I don't have any surprises for my wonderful readers, at least not today :).  But I have been surprising myself recently, so I thought I'd share.  The past few weeks have felt busier than usual for some reason, maybe it's the new job or the fast approaching holidays.  Either way, I'm really trying to find down time, even if it's just a few minutes here or there.  Since starting this new job, I've had a lot of surprising reactions but one has definitely been feeling more balanced.  I'll write more on that soon, but it has felt good to change things up a bit.  And on top of that, a few other surprises these past couple of weeks....

I can run a mile.  Well at least I think I can.  Our group training this week was a circuit that ended in a quarter mile run and we had to do the circuit as many times as we were able.  Each time, I went through it five times, which makes more than a mile.  Granted, it was divided up by other exercises, but still.  I haven't done much running recently, and even with having completed a half marathon, I would never consider myself a runner.  But in these workouts, surprisingly, the running felt like a break.

I can have a social life.  This is mainly thanks to my wonderful husband, but last night I was able to get out of the house for awhile for a Cincinnati Moms Blog event that was all about healthy eating.  I really enjoyed it and am excited to try some new recipes!  I even went out AFTER that to have a drink with my best friend.  I can't remember the last time we did that (probably years) and it was so nice to just sit a chat (mostly about the kids).  

I can fit into a size that doesn't start with an X!  To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this was life changing.  I bought a new workout outfit that is a size large.  Not x-large, just large.  I know size doesn't matter and in some brands I'll always need that x, but damn did it feel good to fit into it.  


Ignore our messy bedroom!

I'm already in the Christmas spirit.  I'm usually anti-Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but this year I am feeling the love.  I won't decorate until after we eat turkey, but I may have listened to some Christmas music in the car yesterday.  I think knowing how short and how fast December goes and how magical this time of year is, I just want to soak it in.


Aiden asks daily to ride the Polar Express.  

Nothing mind-blowing today, just a quick update on some randomness in my life right now.  But check back here on Monday for an amazing giveaway with Freshly Picked moccasins! :)

And of course..WHO DEY!!  Go Bengals!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment