Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Aiden Paul - 2 and 3/4

I hadn't planned on writing another update on Aiden until he turned three.  But then I read what I wrote three months ago and couldn't believe how much he has changed.  Physically, emotionally, intellectually...time slow down pleeeease!  The past few months have had their ups and downs with Aiden.  He is challenging us as parents and we often feel like we are learning as we go.  But with big emotion comes a big payoff.  He is affectionate, passionate and energetic.  A combination that I think will serve him well as he continues to grow up.


Aiden continues to follow in Daddy's footsteps and love all things with wheels.  Trains, trucks, construction equipment, tractors, planes...just a few of his favorites.  He can not only tell you which is which, but he knows where the engine is on a tractor, the bucket on a loader and more that I can't even tell you because I have no clue what he's talking about!  We accidentally found these videos on youtube (during the longest road trip ever this past summer), that are done by this guy named Blippi.  Anyone ever heard of him?  They are actually pretty good and they make an excellent bribe learning opportunity. :)  He sings the songs from the videos as he plays with his toys, it's amazing what he is retaining these days.


Speaking of retaining, pre-school is going so well!  The past two weeks we have had zero tears at drop off, which is HUGE!  He will usually tell me all about his day, which friends he played with (always Harper ;)) and what activities they did.  I am so glad we went with our gut and enrolled him at two.  


A few more of Aiden's favorites right now...Paw Patrol, Jingle Bells and all things Christmas, Mickey Mouse still and play doh!  I love playing play doh with him, but I do not love cleaning it up from the carpet.  We are really trying to work with Aiden (and Audrey) on manners and emphasizing good behavior.  I mentioned earlier that he is challenging us and he definitely is.  There are many times when I just have no clue what to do.  How do you get a toddler to listen and follow directions?!  I'll probably post more about that concern another time, but if anyone has some wisdom in the meantime, I am ALL ears!  


And it wouldn't be a post about Aiden without talking about sleep.  He still isn't.  Yep, those of you with infants who are "bad sleepers"...brace yourselves.  He typically doesn't nap and if he does, he won't go to sleep until very late and it's a battle.  It's been very hard to keep him in his bed, so he often ends up in ours.  We are over it and are ready for some changes, but again....clueless.  Is there ever a time when parents aren't? :)  And don't get me started on potty training... (we'll just go with he's not ready yet).


In three short months we'll have a three year old.  Hard to believe as I sit in our basement and watch him go down the slide he got for his second birthday.  Wasn't that yesterday?  I adore this little boy and am so proud to be his mom.  I mean, how can you not smile when you see this mischievous, sweet little face? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment