Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My Nemesis - The Spaghetti Squash (plus what I ate today)

We all know I am trying to eat healthier.  I've always been intrigued with the spaghetti squash movement and have tried making it multiple times in multiple ways.  The first one I bought was thrown into the garbage after I almost killed myself with the knife while trying to cut it open.  I managed to cook the next one, but couldn't take the texture, even after mixing it with spaghetti sauce and more cheese than necessary.  Despite our track record, I decided to give it one last try.  I found this recipe on a blog I read from time to time and since it included little smokies and lots of cheese, what could go wrong?  HAHAHAHA

I should've known when Aiden walked in while I was trying to cut this thing open and said - Mommy be careful! He could already see my frustration.  I don't want to bore you with the awful details but let's just say it went like this... bloody finger, awful smell, clumpy cheese, dog ate half of the sausages, have way too much broccoli, throw away squash, create new broccoli casserole, sauté smokies, don't we have leftover crescent rolls from Thanksgiving?, dinner is served.  

So needless to say, I am now DONE with the spaghetti squash.  If someone can tell me where to purchase it already cut, scooped and cooked, MAYBE I'll give it another chance.  Maybe.  

I had planned on posting what I ate today and including this super impressive (and fairly healthy) dinner, but instead you get fried little smokies and crescent rolls.  Such is life.  The rest of the day was healthy and I had a great workout this morning, so we'll just say that balance was achieved.  

Here's to more healthy eating tomorrow...and maybe having takeout for dinner ;).

Breakfast: Two eggs with ham & spinach, greek yogurt with granola and coffee.  And a creepy gingerbread house.

Lunch: Whole wheat crackers and hummus and cheese, mini peppers and an orange

"He who must not be named"...prior to stinking up my kitchen and going in the garbage. 

Snack: 1 TBS of peanut butter melted with one banana (After my cooking attempt, this should have been a beer)

Dinner: Of course both kids ate every bite and no complaints from Andrew ;)

My resourceful son found some squash seeds on the floor and put them to good use.  

No comments:

Post a Comment