Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas 2015

And just like that, Christmas is over.  Every year, it shocks me how fast those few days of excitement fly by.  I am always a mix of emotions - sad to see the magic dwindle, but anxious to get back to routine.  And then there's that desire to organize, start fresh and declutter my life...but we'll save that for another post.  I just wanted to share some pictures of our weekend (more so selfishly since there is a 100% chance I will never make a picture album or anything similar).  We vowed to take things slower this year, which we did somewhat, but there was still a lot of running and car time.  But spending quality time with family is always worth it and the kids really enjoyed the festivities.  

We spent Christmas Eve at church and then with my extended family at my Aunt and Uncle's house.  I've done this my entire life, and it's very special to see my kids playing with their cousins, just as I did.  Christmas Day, Audrey woke up super early, so I snuck her to the basement and we hung out there until Aiden woke up.  Their faces were priceless, especially Aiden when he saw his back-ho.  We spent the rest of the day with Andrew's side of the family, eating, playing and sitting around a camp fire.  Saturday we celebrated with my side - it was so much fun watching the kids play together and "share" all of their new gifts. 

Our anniversary was Sunday, but Audrey wasn't feeling too great so we were only able to sneak away for a couple of hours for a little shopping, dinner and ice cream.  It's always nice to have some time away, just doing ordinary things.  

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!  I'm working on my goals for 2016 and look forward to sharing them soon!  Happy New Year!































No comments:

Post a Comment