Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Random Ramblings

So after a few heartfelt posts in a row, all I can come up with today is some random ramblings :).  Honestly, those are some of my favorites to read, so hopefully I won't bore you to tears!


Life has felt hectic these past few weeks with back to school, trying to take on more freelance work and getting my children's book off the ground.  We are starting to get into a routine and I am trying to adjust to this new schedule.... while also knowing I have to be flexible.  


Yesterday I had my first full day of preschool to myself - four whole hours.  I knew I had to have a plan going in or I would have felt lost.  And I still did a little.  It's amazing the range of emotions you can go through in a few hours time.  Guilt was first because Audrey screamed at drop off.  Thankfully, she did much better soon after I was gone.  When I walked in the door and it was just me and Ollie, I felt anxious.  I hurried to get a few things done (why I hurried, I have no idea) and left to run errands.  I spent the last two hours working at Panera.  Enter the excitement emotion.  Ever since we knew both kids would be in school, I have thought about that moment more than a few times.  I LOVE being home with my kids and feel very lucky to do so, but I am the first to admit that I need time to myself.  I am a better mom, wife and person when I get it.  I was also WAY more productive - imagine that!


On a totally different note - um, where is fall?!  When the pool closes, I'm ready for cooler temperatures.  We're still flying high in the upper 80s here, but I think I can feel a hint of a chill when the wind blows.  Or maybe I'm just crazy.  I'm ready for pumpkin patches and apple cider...soon, I hope!

Audrey's vocabulary has blown up this week!  It is quite possible the cutest thing ever.  I'll share more in Friday Favorites at the end of the week, but I promise you will melt into a puddle when you hear her say "cheeseburger." :)


I hope to have time this week to put together a few fun posts, so stay tuned.  I hope you are having a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment