Thursday, September 29, 2016

A Day in the Life...

I've wanted to do a "Day in the Life" post since I started blogging a year and a half ago.  It's always on my list of ideas, but it is a lot harder than you think!  Well, I finally remembered to document our day...so enjoy this glimpse into a typical (if that's even a thing) day around here!

Audrey's sleep is so inconsistent.  One day she'll sleep until 8 and then the next she's up at 4:45am.  Yesterday, was the latter.  Ugh.  At least she ate fruit.


I like to spend a little bit of time in the morning reading some of my favorite blogs.  MixandMatchMama is at the top of my list.  I have a girl crush on her.  And please note the time of this screen shot.  


The only advantage to getting up super early...having time to plan out the day.  I can't use my phone as a calendar...call me old-fashioned :). 


I swear I don't force her to read this.  It is honestly her favorite!  Just a plus that I wrote it ;).


My favorite baby girl (sans jammies) and my favorite catalog to window shop. And yep, it's still dark out.


I woke up like this ;).


Sleepyhead woke up!  Morning routine = snuggles, milk and Mickey.


While I made breakfast and packed lunches, they got into some play dough.  Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with this stuff?


Sorry for the upside down picture!  Multi-tasking and eating breakfast while I pack lunches.  The kids go to preschool two days a week and yesterday was a school day! 


I'm getting ready, Aiden is "hiding."


After I drop the kids off, I head to the gym.  I may or may not have worn these pants to match the weather ;).


Off we go!  It felt like fall (finally)!


Pulled into school and ready to head in.  This day, Aiden ran right in to tell his teacher about the tractor he saw the day before.  And Audrey didn't cry for the first time!  Woohoo!


A snack on my way to the gym. 


On Wednesdays I typically jump into the last half of a dance class and then work out with a friend and our trainer.  My knee is bothering me, so I spent some extra time stretching!


My gym makes the best shakes and I get them every once in awhile for lunch.  Or part of lunch.  This month's shake is "Peaches & Green" and it's delicious! 


Errands without kids...living the dream.  I stopped at Target (and stuck to my list!) and the party store for some supplies for a baby shower for my sister-in-law this weekend!


I try to take at least a few minutes each school day to just sit and do nothing.  I had some leftover carnitas and chilled with Ollie while watching Sex and the City.  


Until I remembered this mess... I then ran around the house to get as much done as I possibly could. 


Pick up time!  They have these two huge bears in the lobby and Audrey has to give them a big (bear) hug each time. :)


I love school days if only for the fun artwork!  I'm so impressed with how quickly Aiden is learning his letter sounds!


He made a car for a drive-in movie and let Audrey take it for a spin!


Story time before Audrey's nap.  We LOVE Spookley the Square Pumpkin!


The clothes I ordered online (from this post) arrived, so I took advantage of nap time to try them on.  


While Audrey naps, Aiden plays/watches some TV while I work.  


We took a break to make Scooby-Do cookies!


He asked me to help him make a barn.  Some days, it's hard to get much work done.


Audrey slept until 5:30 (whoops), but that meant I got to fold some laundry. 


A cleared off table makes me happy. So do gourds. 


Remember how she woke up at 4:45am? Well, makes sense that I had to wake her up at 5:30pm. 


Some days, dinner is elaborate.  Last night, it was chicken nuggets, fries, leftover carnitas and veggies.  FYI, when I do make fries, I still eat them - I just watch my portion and literally count out one serving. 



When you've been up since 4:45...


A special delivery came!  A sneak peek at Audrey's costume...


Daddy's home!  Aiden loves to watch Daddy draw trucks.  


Again...not staged.  She carries it EVERYwhere. 


She stole my popsicle before bedtime.  Maybe that's why it took me an hour to get her to go to sleep.  Or maybe it was the nap until 5:30...


Finally!  In bed and reading the book I scored from the library.  I love it so far and the Cincinnati references are fun!



There you have it!  A pretty typical day.  Whether or not anyone else enjoyed this, I know I will love to look back on it in a few years. And remember the chaos :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment