Thursday, May 19, 2016

Aiden's First Last Day of School

As I sat in a church sanctuary yesterday, watching Aiden's end of the year program, I kept thinking...how are we here already???  I am reading it everywhere right now, but all parents seem to be in a collective shock that their kids grow up so fast.  It's so hard to think of the wonderful stages left behind but it's equally exciting to think of what lies ahead.

We decided  to put Aiden in pre-school this year when he was two and a half.  While that is early for pre-school, we wanted him to get comfortable with other trusted adults (he was VERY dependent on me), for him to grow socially and of course learn!  I also loved the idea of having some one-on-one time with Audrey since they are so close in age.  We are SO glad we sent him this year, he has grown so much in so many ways.  A perfect example...at his Christmas program, he didn't participate. He spent the time on my lap, crying.  Well, at his program yesterday - in front of A LOT of camera holding parents - he sang and danced his little heart out.  I felt like I was going to burst with pride.  

It was a special day to celebrate our big boy and the fact that he stuck with something that was very hard for him at first, but he ended up loving it.  There's a life lesson in there somewhere ;).  He will go back next year for the three year old class and we will likely send Audrey too.  The school is wonderful, I have been so impressed. 

Enough words, time for some adorable pictures.  And stay tuned for next week for our Summer Bucket List...Aiden has some specific requests this year ;).  

Looking so big!


A little unsure at first.


But then he let loose!

Mommy, I look like daddy in my shirt! :)

He had a very special bond with Mrs. Dietz from day one.  She is retiring this year, so she was a little emotional :).

"Art Express" - his favorite.  I wonder why ;).

Twins

Skyline lunch to celebrate.

And ended the day with his favorite activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment