Thursday, May 5, 2016

To My Kids on Mother's Day

Last year, I wrote a very special piece to honor my mom on Mother's Day.  You can check that out here.  This year, I wanted to honor my babies.  The ones who made me a mommy.  I'll get to that in a minute.  I want to wish a very happy Mother's Day to my mom - thank you for all you've done for me.  As a mom myself now, I think I need you more than ever.  Also, to my mother-in-law - you raised an incredible man who is a wonderful husband and father.  And you have been there for us in so many ways.  Thank you.  To all of my mommy friends and family - thank you for the support, the example and for putting up with me constantly complaining about my lack of sleep ;).  And to all of those women who WILL be mommy's.  I pray for you daily and I know this can be a difficult time.  The wait just means even more love for the little one that will come your way.

To my Aiden,

You made me a mommy on February 19th, 2013.  You challenge me and push my buttons.  You melt my heart with your kisses, hugs and smiles.  You still fit on my lap and I can't get enough of your snuggles.  When you say no to me, you scrunch up your face to try and be tough, but I just laugh at you.  And then we both laugh.  And it reminds me how much you are like your daddy.  You look at things in amazement - from the large dump truck parked outside of our house to the baby birds in the nest on our porch.  You try to be tough and stubborn but you easily give in, especially with me and Audrey.  You love to kiss Audrey and you love when she plays with you.  You've grown into such a good big brother.  You drive me crazy in one minute and have me swinging you around in the next.  I love you and am SO proud to be your mommy.


My baby Audrey,

My little firecracker.  You bring SO much joy to our lives (and a little less sleep ;)).  I can already tell you are strong, brave and smart.  You are a force to be reckoned with and I couldn't be more proud.  You don't like to hold my hand in parking lots, but your favorite spot is my hip everywhere else.  You want to (and usually do) keep up with Aiden and he's loving it.  You are independent in so many ways and yet my clingy little baby in others.  Watching you is like looking in a mirror and wow is it eye-opening.  I have learned so much being your Mama.  I've changed so much in your twenty months and you've been along for the ride.  I want to make you proud.  I want to show you that you can do ANYthing.  I look at your face when you are asleep in my arms and I can see the brightness that is your future.  You will move mountains, baby girl.  I love you.


Happy Mother's Day beautiful Mama's...

No comments:

Post a Comment