Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Celebrating Freedom

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!  4th of July is one of my favorites for so many reasons.  It's a day to celebrate our freedom and recognize the sacrifices those before us have made.  We are so grateful and humbled to live in this great country.  Our house also just happens to sit right on a parade route!  Well, it used to.  Thanks to construction, it now goes right next to our house, so only a short walk down the street.  We've had a breakfast parade watching party for 9 years now, and each year it gets more crazy (in a different way than it used to!).  It rained, but it didn't matter.  We had a blast.  

After a busy morning, we all crashed hard for a bit, but then headed up to our friend's house to grill out and watch fireworks.  Aiden got to try his first sparkler and go on his first golf cart ride.  Audrey was obsessed with the popsicles and loved the fireworks.  It was a fun day and I'm so glad we got to spend it with our family and friends!

I am also celebrating a different type of independence!  I told you about my unexpected surgery five weeks ago.  Well, I have finally been wound vac free since Sunday night and it is amazing.  I still have healing to do, but am glad to have my freedom back. Although this whole situation was a pain (literally and figuratively), it could have been SO much worse and it is for so many people.  On more than one occasion I was asked how my chemo treatment was going.  PERSPECTIVE, my friends.  

Below is my scrapbook from the day...I love this blog because it takes away the mom guilt of not having a single baby book or picture album filled out since Aiden turned one month old ;).  

Have a great week!























No comments:

Post a Comment