Friday, August 19, 2016

Aiden Paul - 3 and a 1/2

I will never forget Aiden's "half birthday" because Aiden and Audrey are almost exactly 18 months apart.  18 months and 2 weeks, to be exact.  While our baby girl will be two very soon, our first born is now halfway to four and I can't believe it.  Three is SO different than two and in many ways, more challenging.  As hard as it can be, it's also fun, silly, unpredictable and wonderful.  Each day I am surprised at what Aiden knows, remembers and asks and it's so cool to watch him grow up.  And a little sad when I think about him like this...


Aiden is turning into quite the big brother.  He loves reading to Audrey and showing her how things work.  He wants to play with her (even when she doesn't) and knows what she's saying before I do.  He's past the "jealous, I'm not sure about this" phase and has truly embraced having a sibling.  Thank goodness.



I'm pretty sure God made a copy of Andrew's brain and put it into Aiden's head.  He loves to take things apart and put them back together.  He loves washing his car and backhoe, working in the yard and talking about trains, planes, trucks, etc.  He's been spending a lot of time with Daddy on the weekends and I'm pretty sure they are both in heaven.





Two funny things about Aiden right now...he has his first crush.  A little girl from his preschool also goes to our gym.  He talks about her ALL of the time, asks for her to come over and play and saves some of his food to share with her "when she comes over next day."  But when I try and get him to say hi to her in front me - he chokes.  In fact, he usually falls to the floor.  Typical boy ;).  He is also obsessed with an Amazon video called Ticket to Ride.  It's a documentary about trains and he calls it "Get On."  I know.  It's especially funny when he says things like.... "I want Isabel to come over and watch Get On."  Like I could ever say THAT to her mother! Haha

Some likes and dislikes...

Likes: Mickey Mouse, his stuffed horse Cassidy, Elmo pouches, playgrounds, the zoo, Entertrainment Junction, running, ice cream with sprinkles, Skyline, flashlights and everything with wheels.

Dislikes: Veggies and most fruit, listening, potty training (we are SO close), when Audrey kicks her feet in the car ;).










Although I now understand the term "threenager," we have mostly good days right now.  He likes to test his limits and we are learning the best way to handle it.  Funny how we, as parents, learn as we go!  Who knew?!  He starts his second year of preschool in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to see him blossom even more.  He is so excited!



We LOVE you, Aiden!  Your smile and kisses make my day and I am so proud to be your Mommy.  I can't wait until four....we have a BIG surprise in store for you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment