Friday, August 12, 2016

Seriously funny


Today I couldn't decide if I wanted to write something serious or funny... so you get both.  It's been a busy week getting my first book off the ground and I am trying very hard to not let the stress get to me.  My biggest downfall is putting unnecessary and usually nonexistent, stress on myself and it can cause some issues.  This is an exciting time and I'm trying to keep it that way.  I never thought I'd find myself in an entrepreneurial position while also being a stay-at-home-mom, but here I am.  It's going to take some time to figure out how to balance it all and I'm confident I'll be able to figure it out.  Hopefully I can figure it out without resorting to hours of Mickey Mouse and Zootopia...

Now on to the funny...

As much as my kids have been driving me crazy recently, they've also been cracking me up.  They have put me into positions where the weirdest phrases come out of my mouth.  Yesterday, I stopped after I said one of these phrases, sat on the floor and laughed/cried.  Can we say roller coaster?  


Heard from my mouth recently....

We do not saw the dog's tail.

Poop is not food.

You cannot wear ten pairs of underwear... only three.

Get your lunch off of the toilet.

That table is not a construction site...


There are more, but I have yet to record myself 24/7, so my tired brain can't remember everything.  But it's safe to say for every loving, thoughtful thing that comes out of my mouth, something absurd is close behind.  Life is crazy, we already know this.  It's unexpected, exciting, nerve-wracking, and unpredictable.  So each day I'll just continue to teach myself to "go with the flow" with the hope that one day I will actually learn how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment