Friday, August 5, 2016

Dance your Heart Out

I've talked a lot on here about my workout routine and personal/small group training.  While this has made a HUGE difference for me, there is another workout that is even closer to my heart.  I took my first Zumba class about 9 years ago and have been doing it off and on since.  Two open heart surgeries and two pregnancies forced me to take time off from the shaking and jumping but I have officially been back at it for over a year now and it is AWESOME.  

If you've ever taken any kind of dance workout class, you know the teacher makes or breaks it.  I've had some great ones over the years, but this lady right here knows how to do it right...


Kelly teaches many classes at my gym but I'd venture to say Jamz is the most popular.  Her energy is contagious and this lady can move!  She gives everyone in the class an hour to let go of any stress, insecurities and worry and just shake it.  I always love the songs she chooses and the class is just pure FUN.  Many ladies in the class have taken it for years, but she is just as welcoming to newcomers.  It's basically like the best wedding reception each time you step through the door.

I realized recently that I don't take enough opportunity to thank those who have had an impact on my journey.  Some are more obvious, but Kelly and this class really have helped in so many ways.  I walk in the door feeling the weight of the day on my shoulders and leave ready to conquer whatever I may face (two toddler handfuls included).  So THANK YOU Kelly for your energy, dedication and love you pour into these classes.  It doesn't go unnoticed and I know every other "Jamz-er" feels the same. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment