Friday, April 1, 2016

Friday Favorites

Today may just be my favorite Friday I've had in a LONG time because my husband and I are off for a weekend away....just the two of us! So grateful to my parents and his parents for watching the kids. We've been wanting to do this for a long time and we finally decided to just plan it and go.  We're not going far, but it's just what we need!

This week has had it's ups and downs...Audrey was sick, I was a little under the weather.  It was nice out and then it rained.  Just one of those weeks.  But overall, it was a great week for many reasons, some of which are part of my Friday Favorites!

I reached a HUGE goal this week.  I may do a longer post all about my numbers and weight loss, but as of this week I officially weigh less than 200 pounds!!  Now, I am 6 feet tall and carry my weight all over my body, so most people think I weigh much less than I actually do.  My own mother was shocked when I told her.  But I have been over 200 for many many years and even over 300 when I was pregnant with Aiden.  So to see that scale start with a 1, well, it made me cry.  A lot.  



I received a special surprise in the mail this week from the mother of one of my best friend's from college.  She sent me this hat that her husband received at a golf tournament and it made her think of me and my journey.  I was so touched by this note and gesture!  More tears and more gratefulness to have such wonderful people in my life.



SLEEP!!   Believe it or not, we not only got a night of BOTH kids sleeping through the night, but I also took a 2.5 hour nap on Wednesday!!  I wasn't feeling great, so while Audrey slept, Aiden and I curled up in our bed and we both fell fast asleep.  Until 5:30.  Whoops!  It was as amazing as it sounds.  But I'll stop bragging now, because I know some of you are sleep deprived and hate me right now ;).  



Now on to a few less serious favorites... this jacket!  It was an addition to my capsule wardrobe and it's perfect.  I ordered a tall and since it's technically cropped, it is the perfect length.  



I mentioned that I wasn't feeling great this week.  I started drinking this juice whenever I feel something coming on and I swear it works.  I can't take most cold medicines with another medication I'm on, so I am now in search of anything "natural" to help me fight this yuck off.



And last but not least...the country.  We spent a lot of time out in the country last weekend and I love it.  It's made us seriously consider our next move and where we want to continue to raise our family.  Any country residents out there?  There are pros and cons of course, so we'll see. 



I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!  GO REDS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment