Monday, June 27, 2016

A Birthday Weekend Recap

We had quite the weekend, starting on Friday celebrating my birthday.  My husband, kids, family and friends made it special and it really was a perfect blend of my favorite things.  Except the sleepless night, hence the mug in the picture below.  The kids were doing SO well with sleeping, but we appear to be going through another "phase" with Audrey.  It was great while it lasted :).  But, that meant we had extra time to spend together in the early morning hours, ha!  After some playing with their "sand boxes" we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's so the kids could play and I could have some alone time.  That may be an odd birthday request, but it was wonderful.  I did some shopping, ate lunch by myself and knocked a few things off of my to-do list.  I even got a double nap (that never happens), which meant reading in bed and after nap snuggles.  We ended the day with Mexican food, bookstore browsing and delicious cake.  













Saturday we were up bright and early to go to A Day Out with Thomas!  Both of our kids love trains and to see their faces when they saw Thomas and the other trains was priceless.  After our ride and some playing, we ate lunch at a small BBQ diner and then headed home.  After a busy day, bedtime snuggles in new jammies was a great ending to the fun. 


















Sunday Audrey and I were invited to a wedding shower and we had so much fun catching up with family!  Fueled by coffee, we went to another party after - a birthday party of a very sweet two year old!  It was so nice to hang out with friends we don't often get to see and the kids had a blast playing outside.  





Weekends like this are a blast, memorable...and exhausting.  We are all feeling it today and may just have a "case of the Mondays."  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend...fun stuff planned for the blog this week! :) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment